Check the resources below for general information on acquiring or donating medical supplies, deciding which vaccines may be required for travel or to see entry restrictions by country. Contact the organization sponsoring a specific mission for exact details. MedicalMissions.org does not accept or make financial contributions for mission trips. It also does not accept or donate medical supplies.
Medical Supplies (Donate or Acquire)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I have to be a medical professional to go on a mission?
No, non-medical volunteers can sign up for missions, but be aware that this site caters mostly to organizations seeking volunteers with medical training.
- Are organizations pre-screened before opportunities are posted?
No, organizations are not pre-screened because MedicalMissions.org serves as a means to connect organizations and volunteers. MedicalMissions.org encourages you to screen an organization before committing to it. Ask to see proof of non-profit status, ask for references and refer to charity screening websites such as www.charitynavigator.org or guidestar.org.
- How long are the missions?
Mission length varies by the organization and the mission type.
- If I have a specific specialty, can I volunteer just for that specialty?
Yes, please list your specialty as you are registering for the site.
- Will my credentials and background be checked before I am allowed to volunteer?
It is up to each organization’s policies and procedures on whether or not you are screened as a volunteer. MedicalMissions.org does not pre-screen volunteers.
- Does it cost me anything to register on the site?
No, registering on MedicalMissions.org is completely free for the mission-centered organization and for volunteers.
- Does MedicalMissions.org cover my mission costs?
No. When you select a mission that interests you, please work with the organization to determine its costs for items such as travel, housing, etc.
- Does it cost anything for my organization to post a mission opportunity?
No, posting opportunities is free for all organizations.
- Will my organization’s background information be checked prior to opportunities being posted?
No. MedicalMissions.org does not pre-screen organizations for its site. We do encourage volunteers to thoroughly screen organizations before taking a trip. Organizations should be prepared to provide information on non-profit status, references, etc.
- Are the credentials and backgrounds of volunteers checked before they are registered?
No, it is up to each organization to pre-screen volunteers according to that organization’s policies and procedures.
- Are faith-based organizations allowed to post mission opportunities?
Yes, faith-based organizations are encouraged to post their opportunities on medicalmissions.org.
- Are for-profit organizations allowed to post mission opportunities?
Yes, for-profit organizations are allowed to post mission opportunities on MedicalMissions.org.
- Does MedicalMissions.org contribute towards the cost of missions?
No, MedicalMissions.org serves as a means to connect medical volunteers with mission-centered organizations around the world. Please work with any interested volunteers to determine mission costs, such as travel, housing, etc. We do not offer donations to organizations.